Reflection is devoted to dancing as a form of self-expression and inner exploration. No experience is required; simply focus on the music and respond to the rhythm.
Reflection welcomes people of all abilities, genders, orientations, and religions. Unfortunately, the dance space is not wheelchair accessible.
A video of a similar dance can be viewed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHv9FYtgYwM.
Parking available in the church lot. Spaces are limited on big nights at Centre in the Square.
The first Saturday of each month (except July and August), including:
Saturday, September 2, 2017
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Saturday, April 7, 2018
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Saturday, June 2, 2018
7:30 Doors Open
7:30 Warm Up: Stretch, dance or chat
7:50 Doors Close
8:00 Opening Circle: Reminder of our guidelines
8:00 Dance: Continuous movement
9:25 Closing Circle: Thanks and announcements
Admission to dancers aged 17 years and older.
-General admission: $10/person
-Youth (17-22) and anyone needing a discount: $5/person
Admission is on a first-come first-served basis from 7:30 to 7:50pm. A maximum of two admissions may be purchased by a single individual.
Dance Floor Guidelines
• No shoes (dance slippers permitted)
• No talking; turn off cell phones
• No alcohol or recreational drugs
• No perfumes, aftershave or scents
• Permit your fellow dancer to engage in inward-focused exploration if they wish
• Respect others’ dance space and avoid collisions
• No dancing with rigid props or “Contact Dance” when there are more than 15 dancers on the dance floor. We regret having to limit the range of activities; our dance floor is the largest suitable space we have found.
Please bring water and dress comfortably, in layers.
The music at a Reflection dance follows Gabrielle Roth’s 5 Rhythms wave pattern of Flow, Staccato, Chaos, Lyrical and Stillness. The music begins slowly, builds in speed and intensity and then eases off and resolves in a meditative conclusion. The music is selected from a variety of different genres and cultures.